Junk King Detroit Metro is currently seeking applicants who embody our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Care, Humility, Responsibility
3-4 days per week. Includes most Saturdays. We can be flexible with what days you work.
Possibility for increased days/hours in Spring/Summer/Fall seasons.
Business Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday, start at 7:30am. Day ends when route is complete, usually by 5:30pm.
Become a royal with your local Junk King franchise! Junk King is growing fast and is in need of hard-working team members that are looking for a rewarding job and have a passion for customer service and helping others. Join us today and work with a team that puts more focus on people than anything else.
You'll learn about logistics, truck operations, customer service, and negotiation. You’ll work everywhere: indoors and outdoors, residential, retail, commercial or industrial settings. You’ll serve new customers every day, helping to tell the Junk King story of exceptional customer service and continuing to build a high-class brand.
- Local, Detroit Metro Territory pickup and dumping of various household, office, and yard materials
- Hand-load various materials onto truck: furniture, appliances, yard debris, garbage...just about everything!
- Hand-unload materials or dump using dump-body truck at several locations across the Metro Detroit area
- Customer Service: Treat every customer like royalty with exceptional service, communication and attitude
- Sales: Educate clients about pricing, services, and benefits. Provide quotes and ensure a positive experience. Be able to confidently price jobs aggressively to meet or exceed targets/goals.
- Truck Operations: Safely operate the Junk King trucks at all times. Make sure daily inspections are performed.
- Junk Removal: Heavy lifting and removal of junk (i.e. furniture, appliances, hot tubs, yard waste, etc.) from business, residential, and government sites
- Marketing and Brand: Working to build and maintain the Junk King brand and image. Ensure that there are enough materials on the truck for marketing drop offs and up sells.
- Time Management: Be able to make logistical decisions within the provided daily schedule (when to dispose, how to best complete a job, how to market during downtimes)
- A valid chauffeur's driver's license with clean record
- Ability to obtain or already have US DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Ability to pass DOT drug screen
- Strong customer service/people skills
- Leadership experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent spatial awareness and ability to estimate truck space
- Math skills: Addition, subtraction, percentages, fractions
- Must be able to problem solve on the job
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Preference for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work without direct supervision
This is a great opportunity to come aboard with one of the leaders in the industry. Opportunity for growth is available to those willing to go the extra mile!
Starting Salary $15 an hour
Bonus opportunities for meeting goals
Junk King was founded from a garage in 2005 by two friends in San Carlos, CA. The idea was simple, offer great customer service and recycle more than the other guys.
Do you enjoy working outdoors in a great team environment? If yes, join our team!
Our team members work in pairs providing exceptional customer service, take great care with our customer's homes and communicate with customers before our arrival. We take pride in our ability to either re-use or recycle what we haul and our customers love it.
Apply and learn about our open opportunities!
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Junk King Franchise Systems, LLC.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)